Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Wards of Pittsylvania, Virginia and other surnames found in Dalton Register

Recently, I was looking around in the online Library of Virginia:   http://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/using_collections.asp  and I found "Winston Dalton Bible Records" which were not Bible Records at all but a register of Pittsylvania County, Virginia resident's lives from 1821 to 1847 by Winston Dalton.  I was interested in the Ward family.  I discovered that one of the Ward families in Pittsylvania County, VA came from Amelia  and  Henrico Counties, Virginia by cross checking this Pittsylvania Register with a periodical at a local genealogical library "Piedmont Lineages" which includes Pittsylvania and parts of North Carolina from all different time periods.  If you have any Pittsylvania ancestors from 1821 to 1847, please email me and I will check the index I created for the Dalton Register of Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
The Catalog listing for this document in the Library of Virginia is as follows:
URL (Click on link) http://image.lva.virginia.gov/Bible/44043b.pdf Bible Record Image.
Title LinkDalton family Bible record, 1674-1847.
Acc. Restrictions There are no access restrictions.
Material 31 leaves.
Gen. note Register of Winston Dalton (ca. 1777-1844)

As of research done by March 11, 2014 this line of Wards are not my direct line.
 


1 comment:

Molly said...

The Register is actually the Winston Dalton Register, and Winston is a man more than worthy of having his name memorialized with his register. He was a school teacher, a farmer, and a humble man who three times in his register wrote the reminder "If this you see, remember me."

I would publicly like to thank the family who donated the Winston Dalton Register to the Library of Virginia. Their magnanimous gesture will help generations of genealogists to discover their Pittsylvania County ancestry.