Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Gates Family clues on Ancestry

I just finished a search of Ancestry for Peter GATES my ancestor. I found an index to the Barbour Collection which lists Peter Gates father as Zebadiah Gates and all of Peter's siblings match my friend's Ancestry list for Peter's siblings. The Georgina Cole library has the Barbour Collection for Connecticut Vital records in microfilm and now I know that I can check the B16-31 (Ga-Gaz)rolls for Gates names and B35-5 for Groton 1704-1853. The library published a Genealogy aid for finding things in the Barbour Collection at: http://www.carlsbadca.gov/services/departments/library/research/Pages/genealogy.aspx , I clicked on user guides and found the Barbour collection user guide. I can't wait to see what else I will find while researching Connecticut.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Ancestry or in any way affiliated with the company except as a subscriber.

No comments: