Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I have never made a turkey in the oven but have made ham for Thanksgiving. When I was little the kids used to go out and fly kites in the brisk winds on a bluff where my uncle lived overlooking Lake Michigan in Racine, Wisconsin. I still have two kites but my son is not interesting in kite flying. I think I forgot how to make the tail out of cotton fabric scraps. The kites now a days are made of plastic instead of the paper ones we used to have. During the past few years I have been making crafts for Christmas time on Thanksgiving. Last year I made some craft items for our local church woman's ministry fundraiser luncheon. I am having difficulty with creative ideas for crafts this year. I am drawn to embroidery. I found an embroidery encyclopedia from the library but unfortunately it was published in the UK. I have an aunt from the Dahlberg (of Chicago, IL) family who made quilts and other needlework. I tried quilting but the rotary cutter and I did not get along too well. Last year I made fleece lizards for Christmas and embroidered felt pillow ornaments.
I am thankful for my family and especially for my Lord Jesus Christ. I am thankful for good health and that I can do genealogy!

No comments: