Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Illness?

The saddest Christmas I can recall was about two years ago. I got the flu for Christmas! I could not go to the family Christmas celebration so I stayed home and was miserable. My son took video greetings from the family to me and took pictures with his digital camera to share with me when he got home. I was so sick I could not enjoy the Christmas goodies they brought home. I could not make my traditional sugar cookies much less eat them.

Another Christmas my son and husband ate too much bratwurst and both felt ill on Christmas Day and they could not eat the ham I had prepared. Both went to sleep and ate the ham alone, not the whole thing of course.

So, I guess having a cold during Christmas is better than the flu, at least you can eat goodies like ham and sugar cookies.

No comments: