Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Gift

I really don't remember the gifts so much as the food! I grew up in Racine, Wisconsin and they have a delectable pastry that they make in the region. It is called Kringle. It is similar to strudel but is lighter and flakier with a sugar topping and fruit fillng. My step dad's relatives still order it and send it to us a Christmas Time. I also remember those ribbon candies and caramels with Christmas trees on them. Yum! My great grandmother made wonderful foods from scratch. My favorite was Swedish Meatballs. I also remember the gift of being able to have the day to play with my myriad of cousins which were all close to my age. The best gift was my large extended family who lived in town and being able to be with them.

No comments: