Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

Post SCGS Jamboree

I just returned from the SCGS Jamboree. I was delighted to see Bill Dollarhide because I heard he had been in the hospital right before Jamboree. Sixteen members from our genealogical society went up on the train to Burbank and stayed at the Burbank Marriott for the weekend. We attended several classes. I went to a blogging class and summit, cemetery research, church records, finding living relatives, Ohio wills, Intro to Footnote and Intro to Ancestry. My brain is full! I installed Legacy 7.0 today. The new version has a mapping feature and SourceWriter that I have to master as soon as I get the book that I bought with it. (They ran out at Jamboree)
I picked up some of Dollarhide's books I hope to use some of the archive sources to help my fellow Lost Treasure Committee members at the SDGS. I have plenty to read and ponder!

No comments: