Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun on Monday....

I really liked Randy Seavers' Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ahnentafel Roulette on his Genea-Musings blog dated September 19, 2009 here is my reply.

My father is 72 and after I divided that by 4, I came up with #18.

#18 Ada Martina Coon

Facts about her:

o She had a heart for children and worked in an orphanage.
o She was one of the first of my ancestors to move to California, where she resided in Long Beach.
o I do not know what happened to her first husband but Ada remarried Julius Delos Wescott, son of Sarah Potter and Simon Wescott on 25 March 1893.
o I several pictures of Ada, some are cabinet cards and two tintypes.

A curious coincidence: I was working with the Lost Treasures committee at the San Diego Genealogical society with another society member and discovered we were distantly related through the marriage of Ada and Juluis. She was related to Sarah Potter and I was related to Ada (nee Coon). We were able to trade information and fill in holes in our research.

No comments: